Everyone enrolled in the Partnership
PPO or Wellness HealthSavings
CDHP must take action in 2016!
New HealthSavings CDHP Insurance Plans for 2016
The state is offering new health insurance options for 2016. The new HealthSavings CDHPs are lower monthly premium plans with a higher deductible. They include a Health Savings Account (HSA), which can be used to pay for qualified medical, behavioral health, dental and vision expenses.
Introducing ALEX® — Your Personal Benefits Expert
ALEX, your personal online ParTNers for Health benefits expert can help you choose which insurance option may work best for you.
Annual Enrollment Period
Employees can enroll in and make benefits changes for 2016 during these dates:
- State and Higher Education employees: September 15 – October 15, 2015. Enrollment ends on October 15 at 4:30 p.m. Central.
- Local Education and Local Government employees: October 1 – October 30, 2015. Enrollment ends on October 30 at 4:30 p.m. Central.
- Retirees: September 15 – October 30, 2015. Enrollment ends on October 30 at 4:30 p.m. Central.
Individual who wish to make a change in coverage must do so online using Edison ESS.
What Changing for 2016?
- Health insurance premiums will increase 3.5 percent in the state plan. There is no health insurance premium increase in the local education and local government plans.
- Based on the results of a new contract award, Cigna will offer the LocalPlus network in all regions and BlueCross will offer Network S in all regions.
- The carrier surcharge will be removed from all health plan options. The premium costs will be the same for both BlueCross and Cigna.
- The copay for convenience clinics will be lowered to the same level as a primary care visit.
- The copay for urgent care centers will be raised to the same level as a specialist visit.
- Chiropractic coverage will be limited to 50 visits per year — additional visits are the responsibility of the member.
- The pharmacy lower cost 90-day maintenance tier will be expanded to include medications to treat asthma, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (emphysema and chronic bronchitis) and additional anti-hypertensives for coronary artery disease (CAD) and congestive heart failure (CHF).
- Based on the results of a new contract award, the dental plan vendors will change. The Prepaid Dental Plan vendor will be Cigna and the Dental Preferred Provider Organization vendor will be MetLife.