Home | Your Health Options | Behavioral Health
ParTNers Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The ParTNers Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides you and your family with both workplace and personal resources. Your ParTNers EAP provides confidential financial and legal services, help finding eldercare or dependent care services, emotional counseling and much more — all at NO COST.
Currently, benefits are being administered by Optum. In 2016, benefits were administered by Magellan. If you have questions about transitioning your care from Magellan to Optum see below.
ParTNers EAP services are offered to all benefits eligible state and higher education employees and their eligible family members, even if they are not enrolled in medical coverage. Local education (K-12) and local government employees who are enrolled in medical coverage and their eligible family members have full access to both EAP and Behavioral Health services. COBRA participants are also eligible.
- All services are confidential and available at no cost to eligible employees and their dependents.
- New TeleBehavioral Health — talk to a provider over the phone
- You can easily access services by calling Optum, our Employee Assistance and Behavioral Health provider at 855.437.3486 — available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- You and your eligible dependents may use up to five, no cost counseling sessions per problem episode.
For a full list of mental health and substance use disorder services, click here.
Preauthorization is required to utilize your Employee Assistance Program. Simply go to HERE4TN.com or call 855.437.3486 to obtain your preauthorization. If you prefer to access services over the phone, telephonic counseling is available as well as face-to-face appointments.
State Only: With your manager's approval, you may use work time up to 10 hours annually, to see an EAP provider.
EAP services are offered at no cost to those individuals eligible to participate.
ParTNers EAP can help with:
In addition, your ParTNers EAP can deliver onsite trainings — more than 70 different trainings are available for groups of 15 or more. To access the training catalog and the online training request form, please go to the "Leaders" section on Here4TN.com.
Optum also offers confidential and anonymous access to a wide variety of information and resources on their website at HERE4TN.com or by calling 855.437.3486.
Members enrolled in health coverage have behavioral health and substance abuse treatment benefits through Optum. You do not have to sign up to receive this benefit.
Services generally include the following:
- Outpatient assessment and treatment
- Inpatient assessment and treatment
- Alternative care such as partial hospitalization, residential treatment and intensive outpatient treatment
- Treatment follow-up and aftercare
To receive maximum benefit coverage, participants must use a network provider. Preauthorization is required for some outpatient and all inpatient services.
You can learn more by visiting HERE4TN.com or calling Optum toll-free at 855.HERE.4.TN (855.437.3486) any time, day or night, to speak confidentially with a trained professional for a referral or preauthorization.
Participants may see an out-of-network mental health provider without calling for a referral; however, coinsurance and copayments will be higher. Participants are also subject to balance billing by the out-of-network provider, meaning that they will pay the difference between the maximum allowable charge and the actual charge. In addition, participants are at risk of having inpatient benefits totally denied. Certain services are specifically excluded under the terms and conditions of the state group insurance program.
Transition of Care
Transition of care benefit from Magellan to Optum will be available between Jan. 1, 2017, and March 31, 2017.
- Available to members who are in active outpatient care with an in-network Magellan provider, but provider is currently out-of-network with Optum
- Claims will be treated as in-network between Jan. 1, 2017, through March 31, 2017
- Call 855.HERE.4.TN (855.437.3486) between Dec. 1, 2016, and Jan. 31, 2017, to access the benefit
- Optum will work to recruit your provider, or will assist in finding an in-network provider
- Members in higher levels of care on Dec. 31, 2016, will be transitioned from Magellan to Optum to be managed as of Jan. 1, 2017
- Members will receive a welcome packet in December 2016 with more information