Home | Enrollment | About Enrollment
The annual enrollment period is held yearly in the fall. Changes in coverage become effective on the following January 1 and participants must remain enrolled in their selected benefit options until the next year.
Subject to eligibility, during this time you can:
Choose your health insurance option*:
- Partnership PPO
- Partnership Promise PPO (Partnership Promise required. Lower monthly premium than No Partnership Promise PPO if eligible).
- No Partnership Promise PPO
- Standard PPO
- Limited PPO (local education and local government only)
- HealthSavings CDHP
- Promise HealthSavings CDHP (state and higher education active employees only. Partnership Promise required. State HSA funds if eligible).
- No Promise HealthSavings CDHP
- Local HealthSavings CDHP (local education and local government only)
Select your health insurance carrier and network
- BlueCross BlueShield Network S
- Cigna LocalPlus
- Cigna Open Access Plus (monthly surcharge applies)
Enroll in or cancel health insurance for yourself or your eligible dependents
Enroll in, cancel or transfer between dental options (if offered by your agency)
Enroll in, cancel or transfer between vision options (if offered by your agency)
Apply for, cancel, increase or decrease voluntary term life coverage amounts (state plan only)
Enroll in flexible benefits (state and higher education employees only)
All participants enrolled in health coverage are sent information on available healthcare options, premium data, a listing of benefit changes, service areas and vendor changes for the upcoming year.
The options you choose during the enrollment period take effect the following January 1, and remain in effect through December 31, unless you lose eligibility or have a qualifying event or family status change during the year. If you need more information about reasons to cancel coverage contact your agency benefits coordinator.
A qualifying event or family status change is something that results in a covered person becoming newly eligible for other coverage. Examples include birth, a change in marital status and new employment. If you or your covered dependent(s) experience one of these events and need to make changes to your coverage, or you need more information about reasons to cancel coverage and who qualifies, contact your agency benefits coordinator.
*Limited PPO is available to local education and local government employees only. Promise HealthSavings CDHP is available to state and higher education active employees only. If enrolled in a HealthSavings CDHP, retirees and COBRA participants do not qualify for state HSA funds.